Translate

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Make Me Want It


Do you know what is the worst thing about snow storms?  Snow storms make you lazy.  Snow storms encourage the sloth in all of us to curl up and happily do nothing.  Or curl up and eat everything.
Snow storms do not promote productivity of any kind.  And forget about what those beat TV journalists say standing in the eye of it, they really want to be curled up doing nothing and eating everything just like you are.
Snow storms are a cock block.  Then, snow storms make you grovel.
(Well, who else was going to clean up that mess of wet powdery goodness?)

The most recent snow storm has done nothing for my inspiration.  I've spent the better part of three days watching reruns of the history of Saturday Night Live on VH1.  Did you know Elaine from Seinfeld was a member of the cast in the eighties?

I feel like my toy chihuahua Cooper.  I sleep.  I stretch.  I scratch.  I do my spinny thing and go right back to sleep.

On Instagram, I see the photos of folk so inspired by snow they took pictures in it.  While very pretty, they don't tug at the heart strings to make me write.  I mean think about it, how many stories in snow end well?  It's all about the view.
So thanks, for reading this complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment