Translate

Friday, April 18, 2014

The Brand New Dirty Old Microwave

Attention shoppers:  should you be in need of an appliance and decide to shop for one, before you pay for it and take it home, open the box.

The other day, we bought a cherry red microwave for our galley style kitchen from Target.  We were so excited to have an assured way of heating our leftovers.  Previously, we've trusted our efficiency sized stove to reheat food with mixed results.  We'd recommend stove reheated fried chicken, charred on one side and ice cold inside.  Mint.

So I left my husband to do the heavy lifting and unpacking of our microwave.  I was in the living room tidying up when I heard him call out to me.
"Baby?"  His worried call got my spidey senses tingling.
"Is something wrong?"  I asked.
"Is the microwave supposed to look like this?"  My husband's sound blended into the smooth sound of puzzled.

I walked into the kitchen.  My husband motioned me over close to the counter where the microwave was sitting.  I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

I've never seen a new microwave look so used.


We paid the sale price of $59.99 for what we thought was a new appliance.  But there it was, someone else's used microwave neatly packed and sealed, and discovered like a plot twist in a bad movie.

..., Yeah.

We were so disgusted, but then we were amazed at the talent of the person who pulled the old dirty microwave as a new microwave trick.  I was impressed.

Target immediately marked the microwave as "damaged," when we returned it.  We were so close to not having stove reheated charred ice fried chicken.  

To the person out there who pulled this trick, you should be shopped for TV magic shows.  Since everything is reality based these days, I cannot imagine a network or ten that wouldn't pay top dollar to show people how they pull scams like this.  It could be like Punk'd meets Undercover Boss and in the end, there are only people left shaking and scratching their heads in disbelief.  Shit, I should've gotten a picture of that for dramatic effect.  

I guess this will have to do.

Yay! No more stove reheated charred ice fried chicken..., what? It's used?!











No comments:

Post a Comment